Friday, March 14, 2008


Today is March 14, or 3/14, or "Pi Day" for math geeks and proud parents. Like last year, Jack competed at school against other students to see who could recite the most digits in Pi.

Jack won. Woo-hoo!

He recited, rapped, said the numbers of Pi out to 101 places, 3.14...



Your kid brother continues to blow me away. In addition to winning the Pi Day competition, he got a letter earlier in the week telling him that he is going to represent JPDS at the state finals of the National Geography Bee. He had to take a test to qualify. And if he wins that, and it is on April 4 - Mom's birthday, then he goes to the National competition at National Geographic.

Not only is Jack kicking butt with his smarts but he is also competing with the JPDS track team. They didn't have any of that when you were in school, but now there are basketball, kickball, baseball and track teams at school. Jack's event is the long jump.

I am incredibly proud of Jack. He is an amazing kid. You'd be impressed by what kind of person he is becoming.

Your littlest brother starts baseball on Sunday. Uncle Stinky is coaching again in Takoma Park. This is where Joe shines - though he isn't too shabby in the classroom either. I'll give you an update on him soon. He is still great at baseball - we've been going out to Stoddert pretty frequently this winter, it hasn't been too cold, and still singing and still beating me badly at chess.

There is a lot I haven't gotten you caught up on. Uncle Stinky Andrew bought an old jeep. No-one has seen it yet. Hannah is getting a companion for Kahsa (I am hoping she doesn't ever read this - if she does, "sorry" 'cause it's a surprise). Pictures and more details coming on those. And here's a big one. You cousins are going to Hogwarts. I don't know if I told you that Aunt Abby, Uncle Andy and Michael, Joshua, Rachel, Noah and I bet Bing are moving over to London England for a few months. Mom said that Michael, Rachel and Joshua are going to school somewhere in the English countryside. Sounds kinda cool. Details when I know more.

I love you and I miss you.

No comments: