Monday, September 03, 2007


Summer is over. Today was Labor Day. These are some pictures from our vacation last month at Rehoboth Beach. Nothing too exciting or different. Joe made some friends with other boys on the beach and played football with them. Joe doesn't have the close friends you and Jack have. Maybe he'll meet some new buddies in school this year.

You'll see Jake and the rest of the Mitz-Greenfelds in a couple of these. We went to Jake's 12th birthday today. It was baseball just like last year. Couldn't ask for anything better.

There are also pictures of your cousins too. We stayed for a weekend at Aunt Abby and Uncle Andy's beach house. And the craziest thing was we bought a car that is a lot like their fun yellow car that doesn't have the roof - the Bronco. I have a picture of you and your cousins taken in the back of that car. I will find it and put it on here.

Ours is green, one year older than you would be and is called a Land Rover Defender 90. I think your brothers are going to have a lot of fun with it. It reminds Mom of the Willy's Jeep that they had growing up. I think it will be a lot of fun to have around St. Michaels.



Today we went for a hike up Sugarloaf Mountain and brought David Lane along. We took you for a hike there when you were just a little guy. I remember that I carried you on my back. I will find the pictures I took of that hike and put them up here too.

After our hike we went to this new winery -- a winery is where they make wine, course -- that is at the base of the mountain. We went on a tour and learned how the wine is made. In October there is a "Grape Stomp" there that I think we'll do. That's gotta be fun... sloshing around in thousands of grapes.



Here are some pictures from Jake's party. Ari was there. Simon had gone to the National's game. I have a lot to tell you about upcoming B'nai Mitzvahs, including Cousin Hannah's; Michael and Rachel's; and especially Ari's.

By the way, your brothers did really well, but overshadowing their efforts was your Mom. She is a good hitter!



No comments: