Wednesday, May 20, 2009


Here is another picture of Stacy with Alicia.


I couldn't help wondering what Stacy's parents were doing after 7:30 pm last night. You take your child off life support and then what. Do you go to a movie? Mom had an idea that we would go drive around Minneapolis and visit some of your favorite spots while eating some of your favorite foods.

We ended going out for Chinese food. Everyone. Your grandparents, aunts, uncles and brothers. I think that may have been a mistake. There is one funny story from that meal that I will tell you one day. But not now.

I am sure that Stacy's parents are in shock right now and just going through the motions. Get up. Get dressed. Brush teeth. Cry. It is a very long road ahead.

I've said this to you before, but if you see that little guy - take care of him. You always looked out for younger kids. Part of what made you so special.

Love you so much and I am glad to be back writing to you. The conversation that I have with you in my head never ends. Even if it doesn't show up here.

No comments: