Thursday, May 21, 2009


Last night Jack, Mom and I were lucky enough to see an advance screening of a movie called "Up." It is a Disney Pixar movie and it comes out in theaters tomorrow. Of course when I see any movie before it comes out in theaters I think back to how you got to see Harry Potter and the Pokemon movie because of the nice people at the studios.


Up has a truly wonderful love story at its center. It also deals with loss. It made me think about the people who I love and who I've lossed. Which is another way of saying it made me think of you. Even though I was smiling and laughing for most of the movie, there were a bunch of times where a few tears started rolling down my cheeks.

And I wasn't the only one.

Without naming names, the other two people with me were affected the same way. Again, without naming names, the person who I was with who isn't Mom, was really moved. I think since he doesn't talk about you to anyone (like I talk to Mom or friends), sometimes his emotions will just burst through. It doesn't happen very often, but I think something like a movie can make that happen. That's why we have art - to help you think and help you feel. Sometimes it helps you "access" feelings you can't normally reach.

I'm glad we saw this movie. I'm sorry we saw it without you.

No comments: