Monday, April 09, 2007




This little guy is a lot like you. He is a handsome kid. I love the red hair. And those guys in his bed remind me of you and your beanie babies.

This is from his Mom to the Fanconi anemia discussion group.

John Smith needs your prayers
Posted by: "Judy"
Sat Apr 7, 2007 8:10 pm (PST)

Hello Fanconi Family, I come to you to ask for your prayers. John has been admitted to the pediatric critical care unit, and was placed on a respirator today. They don't know yet what is causing the problems with his lungs, but he is very sick right now and in a medically induced coma to let his little body rest. The doctor did say that the next few days are going to be critical and will tell if he will pull through once again or not. I am not ready to say goodbye to my little one, but if the Lord is ready to call him home, I will have to accept it not matter what. I just pray that the Lord doesn't let him suffer either way.

John's mom,

Judy


Unfortunately, even though John had a great match for his transplant he has GVHD and now is having problems with his lungs just like you did. He is in the Intenstive Care Unit at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital in Nashville, Tennessee. Nashville is where Jack, Hannah, Uncle Dan and Aunt Jen are heading today. Aunt Jen went to law school in Nashville, and I used to go there all the time for XM. It is a nice town. I hope it isn't "smokey" there today.

This is rough. I hope he pulls through.

No comments: