Tuesday, April 10, 2007


I read John Smith's website and it looks like he made it through last night down there in Nashville. That's good. I am really pulling for him to get better.

I just got my own call from Nashville and our Southern trekkers are visiting the XM studio that is in the Country Music Hall of Fame. I miss the people who I worked with in Nashville. They are all the nicest people. I am jealous of Jack. I told them to make sure they see all of the plaques of all of the people enshrined in the Hall. Elvis, Johnny Cash and Ray Charles are all in there; it is cool.

Mom is picking up Jack later today. He is going to be a "UAM." That means he is flying as an "Unaccompanied Minor" without any grownups. I am proud of his independence. I cannot wait to hear all about the trip.

Yesterday we went to Nana and Papa Sy's for a last night of Passover seder. I never heard of that before but Nana explained that it is a tradition for some people. I am excited to stop eating Matzoh. That happens at sundown tonight.

Since you guys were born only 2-days apart, Rachel reminds me how old you'd be now. She is very grown up and beautiful. She sews now. I am sure she is going to be good at whatever she chooses to do. Michael is a great snowboarder and Sam is an amazing skier. All of your cousins are incredible, impressive kids. Watching them grow up is fun.

During the meal last night, I was thinking back to last year when I went up to New York around Passover. I went up to help XM broadcast the Downtown Seder. I hope they keep broadcasting stuff like that and Radio Hanukkah.

I like traditions, but at the same time I'd like to do a more high tech seder. I want to show videos along with the normal Hagaddah stuff.

This is a video I watched right before the first seder last week and I thought it was important, especially when we are so focused on slavery and freedom and justice.



I would have shown that video and this one if we had video added to the seder. There are a lot of people dying right now. It is hard to take especially when we don't know if our soldiers are still fighting for people to be free.

Hey, speaking of high tech, one thing I don't understand is why they don't sell motion sensor controlled faucets and toilets for people's houses. That would save a lot of water. I only see them in airports and stadiums. Maybe one day.

I love you.

No comments: