Monday, December 17, 2007


Last night all the power went out. There were really strong gusts of wind all night and then all of a sudden at 11:04 pm right in the middle of the Redskin's game - every house and every light on Calvert Street went dark. It was pretty cool. Very peaceful.

The only light in all of that darkness was your yarzheit candle blazing away on the kitchen counter.

We were in the store the other day and I saw a yarzheit candle that burns for 48 hours, which I have never seen before. Knowing the Jews, this is probably to ensure that you get the timing right no matter what or where you are. I bought it solely because I wanted you to shine as long as possible. According to the Hebrew calendar, the day you died started Friday night.

Mom and I used your candle to make our way upstair in the dark.

I love you. I miss you. I think about you always.

No comments: