Saturday, December 15, 2007


These are pictures from our New York trip when Jack, Joe and I were sick. There is a really wonderful story and really wonderful person behind these photos.



A woman named Kellee read a post I wrote to you about pictures she took of a girl who has Fanconi anemia. Kellee got in touch with me and said that she'd like to take our picture. She lives in Ohio but was coming to New York.

http://kelleelaser.typepad.com/

We met her there two weekends ago. I suggested that we meet at the playground in Central Park with the stone slide because that was somewhere that you and Jack liked to go.



We took some pictures there and then walked over to the petting zoo. We ended up at the big Central Park Zoo.

Even though it was freezing and we were sick (Joe was getting over pneumonia, Jack has an awful cough and I had just woken up that morning with a big fever), it was terrific. Kellee, who we never met before, is just a sweet, sweet woman and we all got along great. She is, as you can see, a great photographer. Mom is so beautiful and you can see it in the pictures. What was special for me is to be able to be in some pictures with everyone. I feel like I am always taking them, so this was especially nice.

I wish that every family who has a really sick kid could have someone like Kellee take their pictures together. We have those pictures from Norman that were taken at the beach, but those were for the New York Times. I wish I would have thought to get a photographer to come take pictures of us when you were doing somewhat okay.

Part of the reason I do this is to be able to look at pictures of you all the time. Pictures. Pictures. Pictures.

I love you.

No comments: