Tuesday, July 12, 2005


Joe has strep throat and Mom has a sinus infection.

Last night when I came home from work Joe was in our bed watching TV. I sat with him and he fell asleep. Without even feeling his head, I knew he was sick. Normally he is jumping up and down and doing everything he can to delay going to bed. Last night he had no fight in him.

When I came up to go to bed myself I picked up Joe to put him in his bed. In my arms he was limp and his body was hot. His feet just dangled. It so very much reminded me of you. How his body felt in my arms and how warm it felt was just like all the times you were sick.

The next morning I took him to the doctor. Even though he is three and you were seven, he weighs the same as you did in your last months. That is probably why he made me think of you when I was carrying him.

Joe was a champ at the doctor's office. He is taking some medicine now and he feels better.

No comments: