Friday, July 11, 2008

I read this, thought this was funny and totally agree. I think the person who wrote this must be a med student. It is a little thing, but it is Fanconi not Fanconi's. A lot of people who we'd tell about you would say "Franconi." I bet that is because there is a Franconia in Virginia off 395 not too far from here.

I can understand wanting to have a star, planet or dinosaur named after you, but a disease? I guess it is an honor in a weird way. I am glad that the Hope for Henry Foundation is called the Hope for Henry Foundation.

Medstudentitis: "Thursday, July 10, 2008 at 7:16 PM"

I think they should stop naming disease after people. I have too many names going through my head. And, if you get one disease, you shouldn't get TWO: i.e. McCune-Albright and Albright's osteodystrophy, or Fanconi's anemia and Fanconi syndrome. pick ONE.

No comments: