Monday, May 08, 2006


We went to Richard and Helaine's last night for a bar-b-que with Sid, Linda and Susan. All of your buddies, Jake, Ari, Simon were there playing with Jack, Joe, Alex and Abby. It was a lot of fun for the kids and for the grown-ups. There was a lot of laughing. Everyone gets along so well. This is our family -- and your family.



Simon is still into Pokemon, can you believe that? Ari is beautiful. We threw the football for a long time and it made me feel really good. I love that kid. Jake is still an incredible athlete. I won't be surprised if he plays for the Nationals one day, but I think he is a big Astros fan. I remember when you and Jake played chess online when you weren't allowed to be around others.

When I got up this morning it was rainy for the first time in a long, long time. I thought about the first time we went grocery shopping in Minnesota. We were staying at Steven's house. He was in Europe or somewhere. It was an awesome place -- right down the street from Sebastian Joe’s Ice Cream CafĂ© with its Brrr Bars. I realize that I think about Minnesota a lot. Certain times and places just pop into my head. I feel a need to listen to the Jayhawks, which is a Minnesota band. I get excited when I meet people from there.

Lately I see stuff from the beginning of our stay there. I remember leaving Wisconsin and driving into St. Paul; I remember driving onto the campus of the University and learning there was a Dwight Yoakam concert about to start; and today I remember going to the Lund's grocery store on our second day in town and buying cereal and other stuff. it was raining.

On my way to work I was thinking about all of this and about how perfect it was last night. I got very sad.

No comments: