Sunday, June 18, 2006


We went with Papa Teddy and Jeri to go see the Nationals play the Yankees. I am sure that Papa Teddy, growing up watching the Brooklyn Dodgers, is no fan of the Yankees.

Jack and Joe were very excited about seeing Alex Rodriguez, Johnny Damon and Derek Jeter.





It was about 100 degrees out and no breeze. A lot of that is Joe's sweat and a little of it is water that we were pouring over his head to keep him cool. It was hard for everyone but me. I didn't mind the sun. I was just very psyched just to have everyone together and be at a ballgame for Father's Day.







And to make it an absolutely perfect day, the Nationals won on a walk-off home run in the bottom of the ninth inning. Wow.



I didn't get sad thinking about you. Mom said I wasn't in the best mood, and I wasn't admitting to being upset.

I did get sad on Monday, though. I picked up our mail when I walked into the house. There was a small envelope from Chai Lifeline. That is a group that sends everyone something on important days... Jack and Joe get something on Hannukah, Mom gets something on Mother's Day, and I got a "World's Best Dad" refrigerator magnet for Father's Day.

Seeing that just killed me. It just took a day, that's all.

No comments: