Thursday, April 03, 2008


Hey, look who is on the cover of a magazine. Your heart surgeon, Dr. Jonas. I am sure I wrote you at one point to tell you how he moved down here to Children's from Boston Children's. How much easier that would have been. But we wouldn't have been able to do Tashlich at Lambert's Cove in Martha's Vineyard and I wouldn't have been able to walk to Fenway with Mark.



Dr. Jonas did your tetralogy repair this month 12 years ago. Mom was just talking to me about how we both viewed the surgery differently. I think I totally bought into Dr. Jonas telling us that it was no big deal, that it was like fixing plumbing. He was right. The only time I was a bit freaked out - other than seeing you post-op - was when the nurse came out to explain that they had taken your heart "offline."



In the article Dr. Jonas says, "I have kids who are in college now that I operated on."

No comments: