Sunday, June 05, 2005


I went for a long bike ride yesterday from St. Michaels to Tighlman Island. I was thinking about you and I looked down and saw a ladybug hitching a ride on my gear shift cable. I was psyched.

I made myself think of a specific memory of you. When I think of you either I think of you in general, or I think of a specific memory from your life.

So as I rode and looked at the ladybug I thought about the time you were dancing at your Gan class picnic at Norwood Park. I have a video of that so I remember it really well. Thinking of you dancing made me smile.

After a while I started getting scared that the ladybug would fly away. I didn't want to lose him. He (we learned from A Bug's Life that there are boy ladybugs) hung on for more than 10 miles all the way up to Nana and Papa Sy's house.

I really wanted to get a picture of him, but he flew away when I stopped the bike.

No comments: