Sunday, September 14, 2008


I got up at 4 a.m. so I could get back in time to go with Mom and your brothers to today's Redskins' game. Mom and the guys picked me up at the airport and we went straight to Fedex Field.

It was hotter than the surface of the sun and Jack was definitely not-too-thrilled to be there, BUT it was an amazing game and we won.


The game was so exciting that even Jack came around. He was hi-fiving everyone. The Skins beat the Saints 29 - 24. It was perfect.

Joe had been saying forever that I'd taken you and Jack to Skin's games, but he has never gone. Today we fixed that. He turned to me during the game and said, "Dad, thanks for bringing me to the game." That was even sweeter than the victory - which was pretty sweet.

When we got on the shuttle bus to go to our car, these older guys were asking Joe if it was his first game. He said it was and then we all got to reminiscing about our first games. Mine was one of the most famous in Redskin history. Walt Garrison was dropped, and I'm talking dropped by Ken Houston just short of the endzone to secure a Monday Night win over the Cowboys. I was there with Papa Teddy. I'll never forget it.

I hope Joe will always remember today.

No comments: