Wednesday, January 23, 2008


Friday night services at Hannah's synagogue featured Rick Recht. I was really excited and I know that Mom and Jack enjoyed the service. It would be great to have that kind of musical service every shabbat.

Joe was a little shy but I think he had a great time because the music was terrific. I told you how he has a song in his heart and is always singing.

This is one of the songs he likes to sing.

Listening to Rick Recht's music always reminds me of when you and I were last in Minneapolis.



We listened to his Shabbat Alive CD and to Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. It is hard to believe that was before iPods really had come on to the scene. Life is a lot easier these days.

And for some reason, the movie The Dish always makes me think back to you. I don't know where we watched it - home, Hackensack or Minneapolis - but it was definitely something that we watched when you were sick. Maybe just Mom and I watched it. I don't know if you ever saw it because there are a couple of bad words.

This is my favorite part:



When we were in St. Louis, our friends the Medways were there. Mr. Medway worked at NASA and he always got me cool Apollo stuff, like pictures of the astronauts, when I was growing up. It was good to see them. Their son Richard works at Nintendo and has been incredibly helpful with Hope for Henry.

We have a Nintendo game system called the Wii, which you would have really liked.

No comments: